Product search (FE), single view breacrumb

Fragen und Antworten zur Produktsuche
vmulot

Product search (FE), single view breacrumb

Beitrag von vmulot »

Hi there,

Long time no see :)

I'm using Contao 3.4.4 and Merconis 2.1.8 stable

I'm facing a new pb i didn't manage to resolve yet.

http://www.neut.fr/fr/nos-produits.html

Search, let's say the "achille" product in the second search field (not the orange one, who is the standard contao search engine)
You now have a list of products.
Choose the first one and watch the breadcrumb (just below website logo) it says 'Page non trouvée' which means "Page not found"

If i go to this product using standard nav, (Nos produits > autour du pied) and then click on the same product, breadcrumb is fine.

How can i fix it ?
i didn't see a breadcrumb hook from merconis.

Thanks
supportteam2

Re: Product search (FE), single view breacrumb

Beitrag von supportteam2 »

Hello,

it seems that in your project the parameters in the url cause the breadcrumb navigation to break. If you remove the "calledBy/searchResult" part, it works. However, adding parameters in this path-like style is quite common in contao and normally it doesn't have this effect. Instead of "calledBy/searchResult" you could add "test/123" and in your project it would still break the breadcrumb navigation, so this doesn't seem to be a Merconis specific thing.

We also tried to reproduce this issue with a contao 3.4.4 and Merconis 2.1.8 installation as you described but the breadcrumb navigation was okay in our case. Since the breadcrumb navigation is a basic contao module, the issue most likely isn't related to Merconis. There could be a number of things that might affect the breadcrumb navigation, for example a custom breadcrumb navigation template or other third party extensions etc.
vmulot

Beitrag von vmulot »

Hm, i didn't add parameters to URL, i thought it was Merconis search form who did it, that's why i posted here.

The link on each product, in the results is given by :

Code: Alles auswählen

<?php echo $this->objProduct->_linkToProduct; ?>
i don't know where "calledBy/searchResult" come from.

Edit :

i did a quick search, and the "calledBy/searchResult" is coming from Merconis (ls_shop_customInserttags.php and ls_shop_product.php)
supportteam2

I'm sorry, that was a misunderstanding. I didn't mean you could actually fix the issue by removing the parameters from the url because, in fact, Merconis adds them and has to do so. What I meant was that if you remove the paramters from the url temporarily (in the address field of your browser) you can see that without them it would work. However, the way Merconis adds those parameters is perfectly fine and in all our test cases this didn't cause any problems whatsoever.

The conclusion from this observation is that in your project there's probably something that reacts overly sensitive to these path-like parameters in the url when creating the breadcrumb navigation. And that's where unfortunately I can only quote from my last post:
Since the breadcrumb navigation is a basic contao module, the issue most likely isn't related to Merconis. There could be a number of things that might affect the breadcrumb navigation, for example a custom breadcrumb navigation template or other third party extensions etc.
So, if you have a custom breadcrumg navigation template you should start by looking at that. If you can't find anything there and you have any third party extensions besides Merconis you could try to disable them and look if that changes something. If that doesn't work either, you could play around with some contao settings that are somehow related to navigation creation.

Please let us know, if you can find something.
vmulot

Beitrag von vmulot »

Ok, thanks for answering, i'll check all these points :)
vmulot

Beitrag von vmulot »

Is there a way to download older version of merconis ? when i log in on website i found only 2.2.1
i'd like to do a fresh install,

and btw https://www.merconis.com/files/updateInstructions/ isn't working here :)
supportteam2

Please let us know which version you need and we will make it available in your download area.
vmulot

Beitrag von vmulot »

Merconis 2.1.8

i tried to remove all plugins but i still have the pb so i want to install a fresh install with the same verison to test

I noticed something else, this website is multilingual (FR & EN), i 'm doing the same thing in the english website, (not published atm) i don't have the product page but a 404 page.

i think both pb can be linked.
supportteam2

Merconis 2.1.8 is now available in your download area.

The fresh installation is a good test. As mentioned before, we did the same thing (fresh installation of Merconis 2.1.8 in Contao 3.4.4) and everything worked fine. So, if in your case the breadcrumb problem exists right from the start, we're possibly facing an environment issue. And if everything works fine, as we would expect, you're probably going to adjust the settings etc. in your fresh installation to match the scenario of your live system. The result should be that at some point the problem occurs and when you make a quick check of the generated breadcrumb after every change, you should be able to figure out exactly when that happens and what causes this issue.

Please let us know what you can find out! And please let us also know whether the second issue that you mentioned has something to do with the original problem or not.

One more thing: The english version of the Merconis website will be available soon but until then, please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any problems finding the information you need.
vmulot

Beitrag von vmulot »

Hi,

sorry, i didn't have the time to check this pb,
i started again today, and found that my breacrumb module is called twice, with fresh install it's not. checking again to see where is the pb.

edit : it looks like page is called twice...i tried to update Contao to latest version, to remove all modules except merconis, to replace merconis with a working version (the one test on fresh install), but pb is always here, i can't figure it out at the moment

edit2 : the page is called twice, first one seems to be the good one, and then 2nd one is 404 page... and finally i have a page mixed :p still investigating.
Antworten

Zurück zu „Produktsuche / Product search“