How to get the message from form inside Mail

Fragen und Antworten zu Grundeinstellungen

How to get the message from form inside Mail

Beitragvon tenzin » 9. Nov 2020, 10:10

Hi there,
How can I get the value from form field 'message' inside Mail Text?
I've a similar form like 'MERCONIS: Kontakt Mini | Contact mini' with a textarea field name 'message', This form with the textarea is display on checkout page. Now, how can I get the value or the text messge filled by the buyer inside email? I tired ##message##, but without success. thanks
tenzin

Re: How to get the message from form inside Mail

Beitragvon supportteam2 » 9. Nov 2020, 10:52

The form that is displayed in the last checkout step and which contains the button to finally submit the order ist meant only to provide the submit button and possibly some checkboxes to confirm something in order to be able to actually submit the order. This form is not supposed to collect data to be stored in the order and there is currently no way to achieve this. The customer data form is the form which collects data to be stored in the order and you should place the message field there.

Providing the option to collect and store data in the way you described is on our to-do list for future versions of Merconis.
Ihr MERCONIS-Supportteam
Your MERCONIS Support Team
supportteam2

Beitragvon tenzin » 9. Nov 2020, 10:59

Oh ok, then I'll try it there inside customer data form. I was confused since there is a Textarea field in the other form also.

If my form field textarea in customer data form is named 'message', How or with what variable can I get the text in Mail. Thanks
tenzin

Beitragvon supportteam2 » 9. Nov 2020, 11:25

The form that is used by default as the form to submit the order should contain a submit button and maybe one or two checkboxes and text fields only to display the information that the customer has to confirm by checking the checkboxes. If you have textareas in this form, you might have included another form here.
Ihr MERCONIS-Supportteam
supportteam2

Beitragvon tenzin » 9. Nov 2020, 11:29

Ok I have understood, the textarea with the submit button (form) was wrong in the first place. which I might have placed my self.

But If I've a form field textarea in customer data form is named 'message', How or with what variable can I get the text in Mail. Thanks
tenzin

Beitragvon tenzin » 9. Nov 2020, 14:05

The customer data form is the form which collects data to be stored in the order and you should place the message field there.

How can I get this message in mail text to admin?

Basically what I am trying to achieve is, provide a way for customers to put a message when placing an order. Like it is done here on 'https://www.flowerpad.de' as Textarea -> 'Bemerkungen' and here 'https://scuddy.de/index.php/en/shopping-cart.html?step=dataEntry' as Textarea -> 'Notes'.

A screenshot
https://gofile.io/d/X5Fr9J
tenzin

Beitragvon supportteam2 » 9. Nov 2020, 15:28

The customer data should be displayed in the order notice automatically. Therefore, if you add the message field in the customer data form, its content should also appear in the order notice email and also in the order confirmation email and in the order details in the merconis backend.
Ihr MERCONIS-Supportteam
supportteam2

Beitragvon tenzin » 9. Nov 2020, 15:41

In my case, it appears neither in mail text nor in back end order information. What else can be the reason?
tenzin

Beitragvon tenzin » 9. Nov 2020, 16:00

tenzin

Zurück zu Grundeinstellungen / Basic settings